Best Stationary Exercise Bike
The best stationary exercise bike is one that is the right size and type for you. There is a wide variety of upright exercise bikes. Sometimes the differences can be more than a little bewildering. Here are four excellent indoor exercise bikes that represent some of the best stationary bikes that are on the market.
They are all sturdy machines, some of which have some additional options that are not found on your average indoor cycle. If you are planning for bike workouts to be a large part of your fitness routines, these bikes should give you a beginning place – and perhaps even the stopping place – for your search for the best stationary exercise bike for you.
When it comes to bikes, street, or stationary, you just cannot go wrong with Schwinn. This particular bike is unique in that instead of a regular flywheel, it uses a fan blade for wind resistance. What this means to the user is that the harder you pedal, the greater the resistance. This makes for an amazing interactive workout. If that were not enough, the bike has mobile handlebars for an upper-body workout. You can use them separately from pedaling, or you can stand on the pedals and use the handlebars at the same time. This makes a fantastic full-body workout all in one indoor cycling machine.
- Dimensions: 49.7 inches long by 50.9 high.
- Weighs 112 pounds
- User weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Monitor uses 2 AA Batteries
- Wind resistance single-stage belt drive
- RevMeter RPM gage (goes with that wind resistance)
- Infinite levels of challenge
- Mobile handlebars for upper body workout
Yosuda brings you an indoor cycling bike that is built with you and your bike workouts in mind. Not only is it extra sturdy, as all bikes of the “spin bike” type should be, but it has also been put together with consideration for you and how you work. Not only does it have an extra heavy flywheel for smooth resistance, but its belt-driven system is also quiet enough not to disturb neighbors or sleeping children. The gears are shielded to prevent anything from getting caught in them. On top of all that, you have the option for a year of personalized training for your bike workouts, making this model, probably one of the best stationary exercise bike in the market.
- Steel frame
- 35 lbs flywheel
- Belt driven system
- LCD monitor to track time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer for long term monitoring
- Adjustable handlebar and seat
- Gift iPad holder
- Water bottle holder
- Safety shields keep pets and small children out of flywheels
- Adjustable cage pedals
- One-year warranty
- One-year personal fitness plan
NordicTrack has been a well-known name in fitness equipment since the late 1980s. It began with an engineer who loved to ski and was maintaining a friendly rivalry with another skier. Since he could not get home before dark, he invented a machine that would allow him to practice the ski motions. The company grew from that humble beginning to a much larger company, well known for all sorts of exercise equipment, including exercise bicycles.
Purchase of this indoor exercise bike includes:
- One year iFit membership included with purchase.
- Global and Studio workouts.
- Interactive HD touchscreen display built-in
- Live incline matching technology
- 24 resistance levels
- Watts readout for power output
- Silent Magnetic resistance for a quiet workout
- 350-pound user weight capacity
Here we are back with Schwinn. But the 170 Upright Bike is a different machine from the Airdyne. It is more like a spin bike in that it has a heavy-duty flywheel rather than a revolving fan blade. In addition, it makes use of Schwinn Connect for tracking and storing your information. With twenty-nine stored fitness programs, you have several choices for ways to reach your personal fitness goals.
- Duel track two LCD window system for the monitor
- Schwinn connect for data export and to track your goals
- 29 different fitness programs
- 25 levels of resistance
- Weighted flywheel with High-speed inertia perimeter
- Charging USB port and data Exchange
- Four user settings
When it comes to selecting the best stationary exercise bike, ultimately the choice is yours. You are the one who knows your needs, your budget, and the dreams you are pinning on the use of this bike. Whether you are working toward keeping your joints supple or you are training for that super, cross-country marathon that will happen as soon as the weather is better, your bike should fit your needs and expectations. That means a bike that is right for your height, your weight, and your personal vigor. No matter how many reviews you read, ultimately the best stationary exercise bike for you is the one that is the right size, build, and has the right peripherals. We hope that these reviews will help you make that decision.