The best commercial recumbent exercise bikes share all the characteristics of a home indoor exercise bike, with a few added constraints for a commercial setting. All recumbent bikes share the advantage of a comfortable, chair-like seat that offers both back support and seating stability.
The pedals are positioned to be pushed out, rather than down, providing a gentler exercise experience when compared to upright bikes. Recumbent exercise bikes offer some additional constraints. They need to be extra sturdy, easy to assemble, and adaptable for a variety of riders. For the best experience, they should have a variety of pre-programmed settings that will be easy to switch between. Here are a few choice models that do a good job of fitting these descriptions.
Best Offers Commercial Recumbent Bikes
Descriptions of Best Commercial Recumbent Exercise Bikes List
We prepared a list of the best commercial recumbent exercise bikes for indoor cycling. Each commercial stationary bike below has great characteristics for workout routines. Tone your muscles exercising on these home gym bikes.
- Easy step-through design; Air Flex seat with high-ventilation seat back; Dual-sided pedals, or customize with your own
- Six preset workouts: Manual, Interval, Basic Heart Rate Control, Weight Loss, Random, Hill Climb
- Built-in touch sensor for heart rate monitoring and Polar compatible 5 KHz wireless chest strap transmitter monitoring
- Measures 66"L x 23"W x 49"H; weighs 200 pounds
- Lifetime warranty on frame and welds, 10-years on parts and wear items
The name really says it all, with the word “commercial” in there. This is a sturdy bike that is set up with a supportive seat that includes an air-flow back so you avoid that sticky, sweaty back syndrome that can occur with recumbent bikes. It is set up with six preset exercise routines which include hill climb, basic heart rate control, interval, weight loss, random and manual for those who like to make their own program. The pedals have angled side to side straps, making it easy to fit different-sized feet onto them. It has options for touch sense and chest strap monitoring. Equally important for the commercial provider is a lifetime warranty on frame and welds, with a ten-year coverage on moving parts.
- Extra sturdy
- Easy to use
- Six Pre-programmed routines
- Great Warranty
- Does not include exercise fan
- With enhanced Bluetooth connectivity, users can set, track and monitor progress with popular app-based tracking tools.
- Explore the world and discover 50plus global routes that auto-adjust in real time to your speed
- Fully-loaded console with DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens offers 29 workout programs and visibility to workout metrics, even when the media tray is in use
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- Telemetry heart rate enabled and ergonomically placed grip heart rate for a relaxed riding position when using a heart rate program
Trust Schwinn to come up with a great bike for almost any use, and that includes commercial recumbent bikes. Bluetooth connectivity allows connection with the Schwinn Trainer app, RideSocial, and a variety of other exercise applications. It includes 29 preset programs, including heart rate, fitness control, fitness test, and a quick start. It does need an electrical outlet plugin. It uses a weighted flywheel for resistance and had duel track LCD displays, media shelf, and console speakers with mp3 input capability. It is easy to see why this would rate as one of the best commercial recumbent exercise bikes.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 29 preset programs
- Comfortable seat
- Media options
- Bike fan
- Solid seatback
- Needs electrical outlet
- Moderate ten-year repair or replace warranty
- 30-Day iFIT Membership Included; Stream live & on-demand workouts on your equipment with Global Workouts & Studio Classes; Elite trainers adjust your equipment ($15 value)
- 5-inch Backlit Display; Track distance, cadence, and estimated calorie burn; Auxiliary music port with dual 2-inch speakers project high-quality sound for your iFIT workouts or personal music
- 25 Resistance Levels; Manually choose your resistance or let your iFIT Trainers auto-adjust your bike; SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance keeps every pedal stroke quiet and smooth
- Oversized Adjustable Seat; Enjoy lumbar support as you find the most comfortable seat position for your exercise; Water Bottle Holder for hydration; Transport Wheels allow you to easily move your bike
- 350-pound total weight capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty; 52” H x 22.25” W x 59” L
When it comes to indoor exercise equipment it is hard to go wrong with a recumbent bike from NordicTrack. This little gem comes with 32 different programs designed by certified trainers along with a heart rate monitor and chest strap. It has one of those airflow backs, and a fan to give you a sweet breeze while you are working out. The five-inch backlit display keeps you in the loop with your progress while you pedal.
- 32 exercise programs
- Accompanying monitors
- Flow-through seatback
- Dedicated fan
- Five-inch backlit display
- No media shelf
- Greater use complexity
- Only offers manufacturer warranty
Your Best Commercial Recumbent Bike
When it comes to examples of the best commercial recumbent bike, the form must follow function. That is to say, you will want to select the bike that is best for your exercise program and circumstances. These three are examples of relatively affordable recumbent bikes. They are not as inexpensive as some of the budget bikes for home use, but they won’t break the bank if you need to purchase several of them for a commercial indoor cycling venue. They are sturdy indoor exercise bikes that are versatile, functional and easily used by a variety of customers.
Characteristics to look for:
- Moderately priced
- Easy to clean
- Good warranty
- Recommended top user weight
- Space requirements
They are sleek, functional machines that will enhance the appearance of your gym or the exercise corner of your staff exercise room. They are likely to be appreciated and enjoyed in nearly any setting where gentle, cardio exercise is encouraged.
As with the entire best commercial recumbent exercise bikes, it is always a good idea to keep the recommended user weight in mind for the sake of safety. Also, recumbent bikes are likely to take up a little more room than their cousins, the upright bikes, and they usually do not come in folding models.