A spinning cycle bike is an exercise bike with a weighted flywheel. Originally developed by an athlete to solve the problem of training for a marathon when options for riding a bike out of doors are limited, “spin bike” was once a brand name, but now has become almost any indoor exercise bike with a weighted flywheel.
Spinning Bike Indoor Cycle
The advantages of having a spinning bike indoor cycle are many. First, the weighted flywheel, combined with modern technology, makes it easy to simulate the kind of resistance you might encounter when riding a bike out of doors. This provides the opportunity to switch up your effort between easy and difficult, which creates a better workout than continuously pedaling away at the same rate. The weighted wheel also works well with magnetic resistance, and helps keep your exercise bike quiet, which can be a super benefit if you live in an apartment or if you have a baby or other light sleeper in your household.
Best Spinning Bike
Picking out the best spinning bike for you can be a challenge. There is a bewildering array of indoor spin bikes on the market, with a variety of features. Some of them are large, heavy beasts that need their own moving wheels to transport them about in your area while others are lighter and can easily be shifted from one place to another. A few will fold so you can stash them in a closet. Things you need to think about include who will be using the bike – active teenagers or large, dedicated athletes might need a sturdier bike than a smaller, lighter person, or one who is not training for a marathon outdoor bike race. Variable settings make it possible for different people to use the same bike, so that is something to think about. And don’t forget to look at the warranty and the technical support. It is wonderful to be able to call someone up on the phone and get a live person to walk you through fixing a problem or to send you a part if something breaks.
Commercial Spin Bikes
Commercial spin bikes, that is those developed to be used in a gym or similar business, are usually exceptionally rugged since they are likely to endure intensive use by a variety of people. Their seat and handlebar settings are usually adjustable to give a “just right” setting for people of different sizes and shapes. They tend to have a higher weight limit – which is extremely important because the greater the weight pressing down on the frame of the bike, the more durable it needs to be. It is also a good idea to know whether your “commercial” spin bike is built to ride standing up. Standing on a bike puts extra pressure on the pedals, so knowing how those pedals are rated is important.
Spin Bikes for Home
Spin bikes for home are frequently a little lighter in every sense of the word. They physically weigh less, making it easier to move them about. They might be a little less rugged since fewer numbers of people are likely to be using them. If you are an athlete in training or have an exceptionally active youngster who will be using the bike, a commercial model might be a viable option for you. If you belong to the big and tall crowd, you will want a bike that is rated for your weight plus a few pounds, and, yes, you will want to check on those pedals if you want to pedal standing up. It does deliver a different kind of workout from pedaling and sitting down. The bikes that also have moveable handlebars to give a full body workout frequently have sturdier pedals, but be sure to check the rating. Most bikes can easily have pedals changed out, so if you like everything else about a model, that might be an option.
Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike
Yosuda indoor cycling bikes are a good example of indoor spin bikes for home use. They have a mid-range price, are sturdily built, and have built in moving wheels. They look neat and compact, so will not detract from your home or office décor.
Best Offers Yosuda Exercise Bike
- 【YOSUDA】Design and produce exercise machines for 20 years. YOSUDA indoor cycling bike has served more than 1,000,000 families. We are so confident this YOSUDA magnetic exercise bike can be your fitness partner.
- 【350 lbs Weight Capacity】Made of thickened commercial-graded steel pipe, giving this stationary bike a rock solid build. It is for a long-term exercise workout, but not simple products for only a few months' use.
- 【Hyper-Quiet Magnetic Drive System】We developed the latest technology magnetic system and eliminates noise to our fitness bike, controlling the sound at 20DB even after millions of times workout. No disturbing on working, reading, and sleeping at home.
- 【Personalized Fit Exercise Bike】This cycle bike with 4-ways adjustable handlebar and seat (inseam height 27-35in) to fit users with different heights. The toe-caged pedals are designed with adjustable straps, fit for different size feet well. All family members can join in the exercise today!
- 【40 lbs Flywheel with 100 Micro-adjustable Resistance】40 lbs heavy flywheel inspires your potential while cycling, no matter you are beginner or fanatic. Magnetic resistance with 100 micro-adjustable levels, just a simple twist, you can customize your exercise routine like burning calories, lose weight.