Here we are looking for the best folding stationary bike for short person. All people need an opportunity for healthful exercise. But if you are less than 5’2” tall, you are considered to be below the minimum standard height, and nothing in the world fits just quite right. People who are taller than 6’ have their own challenges, but that is a different exercise bike review.
Finding that ‘just right’ bike, the one where you do not have to wait for the bottom pedal to rotate to the top to push it down again, can be a challenge. Not all of these bikes are built to fit people who are shorter than five feet tall, but most of them can be adjusted to meet the needs of those who are vertically challenged.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but being fit is just as important for a small person as for a large one. In fact, it can be even more important because in a world built for people who are around 5’7”, smaller people find themselves relying on step ladders or even on chairs to reach top shelves or other important things. Being physically fit makes it easier to climb up to the things you need, hopefully without incident.
Top Folding Stationary Bikes Upright Offers
Best Exercise Folding Bike for Short Person List
Here is our selected list of best folding exercise bike for short person that can help you keep in shape, even if you are not tall enough to change the lightbulbs in the ceiling without using a stepladder.
ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Heart Pulse
- 220 lbs. Weight capacity. Heart Pulse sensors allow you to monitor your heart RATE
- Compact folding design perfect for limited spaces or small apartments. Folded dimensions: 19" L x 17.5" w x 53" H
- An 8 level magnetic tension control System. An easy to read computer LCD display indicates calories burned, distance, time, speed, Pulse and Scan
- Ergonomic contoured seat cushion easily adjustable to fit 5'1 inch to 6' user heights
- Dual transmission flywheel allows for higher resistance workout
With ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Heart Pulse, the name says it all. These are heavy-duty bikes that almost fall into the spin bike classification. Like the Marcy bike, the Progear bottoms out at 5’1” for recommended height. This exercise bike model is could be one of the best folding stationary bike for short person, making it easy to move and to store. It uses magnetic tension control for smooth rides and easy-to-change resistance adjustments.
- Max weight capacity of 220 lbs.
- Heart pulse sensors
- Compact folding design
- Magnetic tension control system with eight levels
- Computer LCD display for distance, time, speed, calories burned, pulse, and SCAN
- Ergonomically contoured seat cushion
- Recommended heights 5’1” to 6’
- Dual Transmission Flywheel
DeskCycle Ellipse: Under Desk Elliptical Black – Mini Seated Exercise Equipment – Easy Setup, Compact, Adjustable Resistance
- MULTI-TASK: Our premium quality under desk elliptical machine can help you burn calories, boost your energy level, increase productivity and reduce stress as you work
- MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: This compact elliptical exercise machine has ultra-smooth magnetic resistance, a superior flywheel and a sturdy base. It's whisper quiet, so you'll never bother those around you
- EASY TO USE: Large 6-Function LCD display tracks revolutions, RPM, time, calories burned and more; For easy reading, remove the display from under the desk and set it up on your table with the included display stand.
- BUILD UP STRENGTH: Choose from 8 different resistance levels, from very easy to really hard! This seated elliptical machine is the perfect leg exercise bike for seniors, physical therapy, or anyone who wants to get more active.
- SWITCH IT UP: Extra long and wide pedals allow you to adjust the shape of your elliptical motion by where you place your feet; Place them on top of the pedal to maximize up/down movement, or towards the bottom for more horizontal strides
One of the worst things you can do for your health is to sit quietly in a chair for several hours at a time. While you might not notice the stress on your body until you emerge from whatever project that has kept you occupied, your circulatory system and muscles will remind you that they like movement. The DeskCycle Ellipse doesn’t fold, but it is small enough to fit under a standard desk. The wide pedals that can be operated backward or forward, help stimulate your circulation and give your muscles at least a little bit of a workout. It can easily be connected to FitBit for planning your routines and for tracking. It is quiet and unobtrusive, unlikely to disturb co-workers or family members. Since it allows you to use your own comfortable chair during operation, height is not an issue.
- Small enough to fit under a desk
- Quiet, so won’t disturb co-workers or family members
- Magnetic resistance
- Extra-long, extra-wide pedals
- Bi-directional pedaling to vary the workout
- Eight resistance settings from very easy to difficult
- Can connect to FitBit for tracking
- Foldable recumbent exercise bike with quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel; 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- Easy-to-read LCD display tracks your distance, calories, time, speed, and heart rate
- Can be used as desk bike with height adjustable desks. Semi-recumbent design for easy entry and exit; large seat cushion and backrest
- Supports up to 300 pounds; Product setup dimensions: 33”L x 19”W x 46”H
The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike with Performance Monitor is foldable exercise bike, semi-recumbent bike is an excellent choice for smaller sized people. It is low enough that it can be used as a desk bike with most height-adjustable desks. The step-through design makes it easy to mount, and the wide, chair-like seat with backrest can be a blessing for people who have back problems or who have a hard time sitting for several hours at once. The V-belt double-drive transmission system makes it easy to change the degree of challenge and the precision balanced flywheel is designed to deliver a smooth ride. When not in use, it can be folded and placed in a corner or tucked into a closet.
- V-belt double-drive transmission system
- Precision-balanced flywheel
- 8-level adjustable magnetic tension control system
- LCD Display monitor
- Can be used as a desk bike with height-adjustable desks.
- Semi-recumbent with a step-through design
- large comfortable seat cushion and backrest, adjustable
- Capacity: up to 300 pounds
- Product setup dimensions: 33”L x 19”W x 46”H
Marcy Foldable Upright Exercise Bike NS-652
Marcy is always a good choice for a no-frills, get the job done, kind of exercise bike. The Marcy Foldable Upright Exercise Bike NS-652 model’s recommended user height bottoms out at 5’1’, but with a little finagling, people who are around 4’11 can probably manage to use it. Those who fall between 5 feet and 5 foot 7 inches will find that it can be adjusted to a good fit. It has several excellent features, including that it can be folded up between uses, and that it has rubberized feet to help protect your floors. The counterweighted pedals with adjustable foot straps also help make it easy to adjust for different people.
- Eight adjustable levels of resistance
- Magnetic resistance control
- Rubberized foot for floor protection
- User-friendly LCD Monitor for planning and tracking
- 14 gauge, high-quality frame
- Counterweighted pedals with adjustable foot straps
- Adjustable foam seat
- Recommended user height: 5’1” to 6’3”
- Maximum weight capacity: 250 lbs.
These four exercise bikes are excellent examples of best folding exercise bike for short person. They are extra sturdy to withstand energetic exercises training and easy to operate that they can be useful for cardio workouts at home.