You want the best affordable upright exercise bikes that you can obtain. There is no question about whether exercise is beneficial to your health, especially gentle sessions that are repeated often, or that incrementally push your abilities. A cheap exercise bike is an excellent choice for your exercise sessions.
Indoor cycling on an upright bike provides every opportunity for cardiovascular exercise, and not only give you a chance to improve muscle tone in your calves and thighs but also give your core muscles a workout.
Affordable Upright Exercise Bikes Offers
Cheap Upright Bikes, Desirable Features
There are certain things you want in cheap upright bikes, regardless of type, even if you are looking for an exercise bike for sale and you decide to buy a used exercise bikes. It should have a sturdy frame that is rated to support your weight. When you are buying an exercise bike, it is not the time to be modest about your weight because you want a bike that will support you through your heartiest workout. Pedals that will support your weight and that have a safety device to keep your foot from slipping off is also a good idea. A comfortable seat is also a huge plus. Moveable handlebars can be a plus if you are into serious training, but they are not essential. While digital programming is a good perk, as long as you have some means of knowing how fast you are pedaling and for how long, the rest is non-essential. With all that said, let’s look at some bikes.
Marcy Upright Bike with Resistance ME-708
- PREMIUM STEEL CONSTRUCTION – This stationary upright bike features a premium frame of 14-gauge steel tubing, finished with powder coating that combines design and performance. It boasts both functionality and durability.
- SMOOTH MAGNETIC RESISTANCE SYSTEM –Designed for fitness enthusiasts of all skill-levels and comes with a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of difficulty. Tension knob simulates different terrains to customize routines according to fitness level.
- ULTRA-FUNCTIONAL CONSOLE – The ME-708 Upright Exercise Bike has a state-of-the-art LCD screen that acts as an odometer and displays time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT – The seat can be adjusted to accommodate users of different body sizes, improving form during exercise and allowing your body to conform precisely to the equipment, giving your workouts the maximum effect on your targeted areas.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Pedals are designed to provide maximal foot support while giving you ultimate control. The ergonomic designs facilitate efficient workouts and are equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your own feet.
Marcy puts out a very nice line of economical indoor exercise bikes. The Marcy ME-708 Upright Exercise Bike is an excellent choice if you are looking for a sturdy beginner’s bike. The frame is premium steel construction, with a maximum weight capacity of 300 pounds. The sturdy pedals have toe straps to keep your foot from slipping.
It uses a magnetic resistance system that makes it suitable for all levels of difficulty. The seat is adjustable, allowing the user to set it for optimum performance. It has an LCD screen centered between the handlebars where you can conveniently view information such as “distance” traveled, speed, time, and even calories burned during a session.
Body Rider BRF700 Exercise Upright Fan Bike
- QUIET & LOW-IMPACT CARDIO: This bike will enhance home workout sessions with ease. Cycle your way to fitness and rehabilitation with this practical, functional indoor bike featuring a built-in belt drive system (versus other bikes with loud chain drive)
- ADJUSTABLE & EASY TO USE: The bike’s ergonomic design with belt drive system engages your arms and upper body for a true full-body workout. Increase or decrease your workout intensity with the built-in resistance adjustment knob
- MADE FOR YOUR HOME FITNESS GOALS: This exercise machine also features an updated bidirectional adjustable seat for maximum comfort and an encased fan flywheel for smooth workout sessions
- ESSENTIAL BASICS: Invest in your health by adding this workout equipment to your home! This low-cost exercise bike still has the resistance system and ergonomic design in place to provide an effective cardio workout
- DESIGNED FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS: Jumpstart and make progress to reach your HIIT, home, and rehabilitation fitness goals. This durable indoor bike will help you advance in your fitness journey and complements other workout equipment
Body Rider BRF700 Exercise Upright Fan Bike is an interesting bike that gives a great opportunity for a full-body, intuitive workout. It has upright, moveable handlebars that are designed to exercise the upper body, either while you pedal or by themselves. The resistance is provided by a fan that turns as the rider pedals.
The harder you pedal, the greater the resistance. If pedaling becomes too difficult all you have to do to ease off is to slow down your pedaling. It has a sturdy “H” frame for stability, and toe straps to keep your feet on the pedals.
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
- Assembly required
- Assembled dimensions: 31”L x 19”W x 46”H | Folded Dimensions: 22” L x 20” W x 55.5” H
- Easily adjustable to fit users 5’3” to 6’1”. Supports up to 300 lbs.
- LCD Display: An easy to read large window (3.3”W x 1.5”H) LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, pulse and scan. Hand pulse sensors for monitoring your target heart rate
- Space Saving Design: This compact bike can be easily folded to half of the assembled size. Can be moved with the included transportation wheels.
Need a way to minimize the amount of space your exercise bike takes up? There is no better way than to be able to fold it up and stash it in a closet when it is not in use.
Exerpeutic folding magnetic upright bike with pulse is sturdy, holding up to 300 pounds when set up. It folds to half its size, and has wheels that can be used to help move it in and out of storage. It has an extra-large seat designed to be more comfortable for the big and tall crowd. It uses a magnetic tension system to create resistance.
Schwinn A10 Upright Bike
If you are familiar with bikes of any kind, you know the brand name, Schwinn. They are one of the earliest companies that made quality bicycles.
The Schwinn A10 upright bike is an excellent stationary upright bike for people who weight less than 200 pounds. If you are already reasonably trim, and just want to keep your leg muscles in shape for summer riding, this is an excellent choice. Although it isn’t backlit, it has a large monitor with push buttons that makes it easy to adjust your routine on the fly.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 is an excellent choice if you want a good, sturdy upright bike at a reasonable price. The manufacturers have kept the price low by focusing on creating an excellent frame but cutting back on the frills. The resistance is created by a chain-driven flywheel, such as might be found on a standard street bike. Although all the basics are covered, if you want health monitoring, record keeping, or entertainment, you’ll need to add those on your own. If you are just looking for a good bike that will allow you to receive a good cardiovascular workout or to keep you in shape for the winter, this is the bike for you.
These are only five of the best affordable upright exercise bike available to you. They are exceptionally low priced, yet all give good value.